Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wine Not Wednesday.

Oh, hello there.  Welcome gentlepeople to my newest theme post- Wine Not Wednesday.  Does that name have a ring?  Or is it just stupid?  In these (hopefully) weekly posts I'll post a review about a wine I've had the pleasure (or displeasure I suppose...) to taste.  Full disclosure: I am not a pro at this.  I know a little bit of the lingo but not much... I believe in wine pairings but I am no good at remembering what goes good with what.  I will try to educate myself a little bit about some of the wines so that I can pass the knowledge on to you.

For week one I'm starting with a bang.  I first tasted this wine when I was on my very first wine tour a couple years back.  (So it's local!!!)  My aunt and I fell in love with it, I went back for thirds and then bought a bottle to devour that night.
   

I realize now that the picture is kind of blurry.  Sorry.  Anyways, it's the 2010 Muller-Thurgau from Henry Estate Winery.  You can buy it from them directly (at the winery or online!) or from a lot of stores here in the area and it runs about $12.  Here's the description straight from their website:  A very delicate wine with floral aromas of apple blossom and peach with a hint of spice. Light bodied in the mouth, citrus and melon flavors lead into a bright, refreshing finish. Serve this wine chilled as an apĂ©ritif with prosciutto wrapped melon, fruit, cheese or with spicy Asian food, and shellfish.

Some wines are sipable and some are drinkable.   This one is VERY drinkable.  If you get the chance to have some of this wine, I definitely recommend it!




2 comments:

  1. Kitchen bathroom? Are you combining the two? Innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah... We just do our business in the extra large tub/sink...

    ReplyDelete