Monday, January 21, 2013

Book review Monday?

I know I should be showing off my nails but I don't really feel like doing them. I'm still (poorly) rocking last week's manicure and feeling too lazy/cold to change that. I know, you are all so disappointed in me right now. I promise I will still do my nails this week for you though!

Tonight I'm going to talk about books! Awwww Yeeaaaahhhh!

Bad news- I gave up reading The Great Gatsby. Sorry I'm not sorry. I tried to get in to it but it starts out pretty slow.  I guess I'll have to trust Leo to bring me the story when I go see it in theaters.

Good news- I read Perks of being a Wallflower! The entire story has a weird format, it's just letters that Charlie sends to a boy that he doesn't even know. The storyline is kind of cussed up but overall, I really liked it but I definitely wish it would have given me some more closure, it just kind of ends. I am really looking forward to watching the movie. I promise I don't only read books that are turned in to books... Although it really seems that way. Dang it.

Today I finished reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. Wow! I LOVED it so much. I'm a sucker for popular young adult novels but I suppose they're (usually) popular for a reason. It's set in Dystopian Chicago and has a slight Hunger Games feel to it. I don't want to ruin anything for you but I'll tell you I couldn't put it down! Almost literally, I bought it last night... The fantastic news is that it's a trilogy! I'm reading Insurgent now, in fact I'm going crazy not reading it as I write this. The only upsetting thing about this so far is that book 3 isn't finished yet, it's due to be out this fall. And, coincidentally (I swear) it is being turned in to a movie. I only found that out today though!! I promise!!

Lastly, I found out there is a new Dan Brown book coming out in May! It's called Inferno and features the same main character, Robert Langdon, from Angels and Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and The Lost Symbol. I absolutely loved the first three books and I'm beyond stoked for this to come out.

And on that bombshell, it's time to end. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment