Monday, January 14, 2013

Manic(ure) Monday

I am so not pumped about tonight's manicure.  I had all these different fantastic ideas and nothing was working out for me.  Not even the finished product is the best but I'm tired of messing with it.  


And here it is.  In all it's messy glory.  I was trying to go with something more complex but I just kept failing.  As you can see I even gave up on the clean-up...

And now let's meet the stars of this post.  On the left is Hard Candy Matte-ly in Love.  It's a top coat that turns any color matte!  In the middle is Sally Hansen Gray by Gray, and on the right is Wet n' Wild Kaleidoscope.

I was super pumped about the matte when I bought it.  My mind was racing with magical ideas. One idea is to paint my nails any color and then paint all but the tips with the matte.  Another idea is to take very thin pieces of tape and make random designs with them then paint over it with the matte so that when I removed the tape, it made a glossy design.  I guess I'm still pumped to try it, I just need to have more patience.

My one complaint so far is that the matte seemed to eat through my polish.  You can kind of see it in the picture above on my middle and pointer fingers.   I'm not sure if that had anything to do with my technique or if it's just the polish.  I'm hoping it's me.

Now that that's over, let me tell you that I made a funny video for the blog.  I just have to figure out how to edit it.  But until then, I'll leave you with the video that inspired mine.


Enjoy!!!

XOXO,
Gossip Girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment