Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Book addiction...

Alright guys, here it goes: My name is Amee and I'm addicted to reading. In order for the rehab to work I have to want to be clean, but that doesn't work for me. Step one of the 12 steps is as far as I'm ever going to get.

I finished reading Matched by Ally Condie last night. So good! Thank you so much for the recommendation Rachelle!! Like Divergent, it's set in a type of Dystopian society where everything is predetermined based on stats. Nobody has any choice in almost every aspect of their lives. Like most of these types of books, we follow the journey of a young person (in this case, a girl named Cassia) who eventually sees that life isn't what the government wants them to believe and, of course, it's also a love story.

So here's where we see evidence of my addiction. Matched is the first book in a trilogy and today, since I had to take a sick day, I read Crossed, the second book in the trilogy. Like, all of it. In this book we continue on the journey and (somewhat spoiler alert) learn about a rebellion called The Rising. I said somewhat spoiler because that is pretty typical of the types of books I've been reading. Don't hate, you know you're more interested in it now that you know about the rebellion.

I just want to give a shout out to iBooks for making all of this possible. HOLLA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment