Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pinterest- Nailed it or failed it...

Welcome to my newest idea!!!  Once a week I will try out a Pinterest craft or idea and blog about it.  I don't care if I nailed it or failed it, I'll share it with all of you along with any tips or tricks if you'd like to try to nail it (or fail it) yourself.

Here is the link for the original pin http://pinterest.com/pin/76772368617715586/ 

I have wanted to do this for a very long time.  Finally, this weekend, I got up the motivation to do it.  

Step 1- Color your "canvas" with crayons how ever you want.  I suggest thinking about the quote or lyrics you plan on using and plan your colors around that.

Step 2- Get some sticker letters and arrange them on your colored masterpiece.  I got these from Beki but she got them from Michaels.



Step 3- Spray paint!  Black always looks good but pick what ever color you want!  I think you can brush or roll on the paint but for me, the spray paint was the easiest and quickest. Make sure to do a couple coats.


Step 4- Peel up the letters.  They should come off very easy because of the crayon underneath.

That's basically it but I added a fifth step- embellish. 


I used a silver sharpie to add a few dots by the stars and in the bottom corner I wrote "Mischief Managed".

I'm gonna go with a nailed it for this project.  I could have colored it a bit darker and used larger letters but for my first shot I am really pleased with how this turned out.

Are there any crafts you have been wanting to try? Let me know what they are and maybe I'll give them a shot. If I follow you on Pinterest, tag me in the pin. I think you could probably tag me even if I wasn't following you but I'm not positive how that works. 





1 comment:

  1. That came out really good! I like the quote too of course

    ReplyDelete