Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Party Hair!

I just turned 24 and in true Amee fashion I had a party.  Now, I won't go in to detail about how we played beer pong and had too much tequila, and you should probably thank me for it.  But I will go in to detail about how I did my hair!!!  How stoked are you?  There's even a video included! 


These are my tools!!  The curling iron is a Conair Instant Heat curling iron.  I think it's a 1 inch barrel but I really can't be sure, and it seriously only cost me like $14.99!!!  I also have it in a smaller size barrel.  For hairspray I use this Aussie Mega.  It's a flexible hold and it works great and smells great!


I start by parting my hair in three sections, two front sections and the back section.  The back is the hardest part for me so I always start with that.  For each curl I use about an inch of hair and always curl away from my face.  In the video below I show you how I do every curl.

(Sorry about the video, this is literally the first time I've done it)

Seems easy enough right?  RIGHT!  Honestly, I'm just now getting comfortable with curling my hair and it doesn't look too bad right?  I know that in the picture below it looks a little prom-ish but as soon as I finish I spray it with some Aussie hairspray and re-do any pieces that look a little loose and leave it alone while I do my makeup and get dressed.


Now here comes the fun part!!!  After I'm dressed and ready and all my curls look perfect for the prom court picture, I shake it out.  I don't get to crazy with it, just give it a little shake and run my fingers through it and this is the finished product!  I'll usually go back through and touch up anywhere that looks a little too loose but I won't use as much hairspray so I'll all blends together.  I really wish I would have gotten a picture of the back of my hair because in that photo it looks super loose but I promise it wasn't!  :) 


So uh, yeah, that's how I curl my hair.  Sometimes.  Sometimes I part it differently or use more or less hairspray.  Ya know, just play around with it.  Have fun with it.  Pin it back if it doesn't turn out exactly how you want it.  Or you could always throw it up in a top knot.  That should hide all your cuss ups.  Don't worry, I've had to pull that one before. 



Last but not least check this out- 12 Days of Saving for HOBY Oregon.  Show them some love.




3 comments:

  1. The video came out good! And your hair looks great. And when you say " I don't get to crazy with it, just give it a little shake" do you mean you maybe... WOP IT OUT?! You gotta teach me how to wop again. And thanks for the HOBY lovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pic shows a face I remember from when you were two

    ReplyDelete