Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Cotton headed ninny muggins.

I really wanted to do a blog post tonight but I don't have anything new to review so here's a post dedicated to December.

December is my absolute favorite month. So many family birthdays, including my own, the holidays, the lights, the joy and cheer. I feel like a Halmark Card. But in all seriousness, I'm pretty sure December is truly the most magical time of the year. Haha, annnnnd now I'm singing.

Right now I'm laying in bed watching Elf and looking up fun things about this most wonderful time of the year. Did you know that December is Hi Neighbor Month? Hellllloooooo Neighbors! Actually, I dislike my neighbors. And it's also Read a New Book Month. It's a sign that I really need to finish The Help and start The Great Gatsby. Here's some fun dates to remember:
December 6- My Birthday, National Gazpacho Day (What?!) and Mitten Tree Day.
December 8- Take it in the Ear Day. Uhhhhhh... I'm getting some of this from the Apartment Newsletter...
December 10- Festival for the Souls of Dead Whales Day. Sounds fantastic!
December 13- Ice Cream and Violins Day. Like together. Ice cream and violins. Ok I'm down.
December 16- Chocolate Covered Anything Day. All right, alllll right.
December 21- National Flashlight Day.
December 26- National Whiners Day
December 30- Festival of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute. Where do they host these things?

My apartment newsletter has something down for everyday this month but I didn't want to bore you more than I already have.

Here's some more fun facts- "On Christmas Eve all animals can speak". However, it is bad luck to test this superstition. The birthstones of December are turquoise, blue topaz, lapis lazuli, and zircon (and depending on the website so is onyx, ruby, and chrysoprase.) Then in 2002 tanzanite was added as a Modern Birthstone. The Sagittarius gem is the amethyst. And the December flower is the narcissus. Ok, how do you feel now? You, my friend, are now a semi-pro at worthless December facts!!!

I'm almost done here but I need to ask, who here watched the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show tonight? So amazing right? My biggest complaint (besides the entire time Justin Bieber was on) is that Rihanna should have been wearing DIAMONDS, not pearls, during her first set. I mean, it would only make sense right? The song goes "Shine bright like a diamond". Not like a pearl, that doesn't even make sense.

“How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” – Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment