Thursday, December 6, 2012

Hair Tutorial. Kinda.

On Monday I said I was working on a new hair curling technique.  Well, it's really more of a hair wave but you get the idea.  Anyways, it turns out different each time I do it and today's outcome wasn't the best but I took pictures of it anyways.  So, let's get down to business.



1. Start with dry or mostly dry hair. It's ok if hair is still damp at the ends.
2. While keeping your original part on top, section your hair roughly down the middle.
3. You can stop there if your hair is pretty long but I take it one step further and section it one more time.
4. Take the first section and twist it away from your face.  I twist it pretty dang tight.  If your hair is dry, get your hand wet and run it up and down the twist.


5. Blow dry your slightly damp twist.  I blow dry till it is dry to the touch.  Roughly 15-20 seconds.
6. Run your straightener up and down.  I typically give it 5 to 10 passes.  Remember, the more passes you do, the more it curls instead of waves.
7. Now, when you let go it should loosen up but stay in a twist.  If it doesn't, spend more time with your straightener.  (I know, heat is bad.  Blah, blah, blah.)
8. Repeat the process with the other three sections.  Remember to twist away from your face. You can do more or less sections if you want.  Four sections work the best for me.
9. When your done, leave your hair in the twist like the picture below for as long as possible.  I'll leave it like this while I do my makeup and finish getting ready.  I'll randomly grab a section and re-twist it but for the most part I let it stay like this as long as possible
10. Shake it out.  Run your fingers through it.  Enjoy the magic.  


The last picture was taken roughly 13 hours after I did my hair and it's not much flatter then when I had started.  It tends to hold up quite well.  

So that's it.  Simple enough.  It doesn't take a lot of skill or time really.  I mean, the more time you spend on it the more curls you'll get but I did mine in about 10-15 minutes and it turned out ok.  Maybe if I do it again soon and it turns out better I'll post a picture.

Oh, before I forget, I drank a Venti Dark Roast with no cream. I'll probably do it again. It wasn't nearly as terrible as I feared it would be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment