Monday, December 17, 2012

Manic(ure) Monday

Welcome to my weekly installment of Manic(ure) Monday.  During tonight's program I will showcase my most recent manicure and give a quick overview as to how I accomplished it.  In last week's post I promised I would get a little fancier, and I did.  Just keep in mind that this week's "fancy" is all my own.  I didn't have a friend here to help me out. 


And there it is!  I used Sinful Colors again, as usual.  The coral type color is called Hazard and the blue is Savage.   I wouldn't normally pair these two colors together but it turned out awesome.  Quick instructions to get this look:  First I did a coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty base and top coat.  Then I did two coats of color.  Once the was dry it was time for the dots.  Do you remember a few manicure posts back with the confetti nails?  Well I used that same stick to make my dots.  If you don't remember or didn't read it (shame, shame) I took a wooden cuticle pusher with the pointed end on one side and ran that end back and forth real quick on the lid to my nail polish bin to flatten it out a tiny bit.  Then I dropped a little bit of color on a piece of plastic and dipped the pusher into it to make my dots.  My idea here was to start out thick at the bottom by the cuticle and space it out as I got to the tip.  If you're going to try this, let your dots overlap at the bottom and remember, the more polish you use and the more pressure you use, the bigger the dot.  Lastly, I finished with another coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty.

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!  No, I know it's not top notch but I liked the way it turned out.  The colors look great together and it's a fun design idea.

Now it's time for me to cuddle up with my blanket and watch Ink Master.  I hate that I just admitted that but it's pretty addicting.  It's on Hulu, you all should check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment