Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wine Not Wednesday

Mini bottle madness up in hurrrrr.


Don't you love when things come in MINI?!  I decided to do another two-fer, first the nail polish and now the wine.  What?!  I know.  





They're both from Sutter Home.  Sutter Home is always a decent brand.  Not typically my favorite but when the mini mart doesn't have anything else that's recognizable and I'm not feeling adventurous, I'll beeline straight for the Sutter Home White Zin.  These "taste tests" were exactly that this week.  First, I've never had a Red Moscato.  (I've had Pink Moscato, I think by Sutter Home, and it reminded me of Four Loko.)  Second, while I have had Pinot Grigio, I've never had the Sutter Home brand.  

The Red Moscato is one I will definitely have again, and again, and maybe again...  My Aunt Laurie told me a while back to try it but after my terrible experience with the Pink I was a bit apprehensive.  She was very right in recommending it to me.  I loved it.  I did a bit of reading on this wine and they make it by combining moscato with a fruity Merlot.  Sutter Home suggests pairing this with maple gazed ham, spicy steak meatballs, pepperoni and chili pepper pizza, and cream cheese stuffed strawberries, among other things.

The Pinot was a Pinot.  Nothing to terribly exciting about Sutter Home.  I will say though that if given a choice between Sutter Home Pinot or Barefoot Pinot, I'm going with Barefoot.  Sutter Home suggests pairing their Pinot Grigio with shrimp cocktail, (no thanks...) apple chicken salad, cornbread stuffing, and lemon and herb roast beef.  

I'm rating both of these wines as drinkable.

No comments:

Post a Comment