Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Wine Not Wednesday

Welcome back gentlepeople, to the second installment of Wine Not Wednesday.  Is that working for everyone yet?

This weeks wine is one I've been eyeing for a very long time... you'll soon see why.


How could you NOT want to try this?!  It's called Red Velvet and comes from California's Cupcake Vineyards.  So cute!  According to their website www.cupcakevinyards.comRed Velvet is a blend of Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petite Sirah.  I'm going to rate this as sipable.  It's alright but I feel like it should be paired with tri-tip or maybe a buttery ritz cracker with dip.  I tried this cream cheese cranberry dip that was amazing and that's kind of what I'm picturing for this.  The suggested pairings are Hoison steak (what?!), a bacon cheeseburger (alllright alright), or dark chocolate fondue.  



No comments:

Post a Comment