Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wine Not Wednesday

Well, since no one has objected to the name of Wednesday's newest hot topic, we'll go ahead and stick with it!!!

Here's a little background info about my wine preferences  I don't do reds.  I've always liked whites a lot better because they tend to be sweeter but for the sake of research and science I'm planning on trying to do at least half of these posts with a red wine.  (So far 2 out of 3 is perfect because now, for the next couple posts, I can do whites!)

I picked this wine up from the mini mart down the street for around $10.  It's a Zinfandel called Old Vine Zin from Gnarly Head.


Here's a close up of the label for you...


I'm rating this wine as sipable  The flavor is kind of spicy and fruity and would probably go pretty good with chocolate, milk or dark.  I did a little bit of research and I found that this wine is made from gnarled 35 to 80 year old vines.  Which is supposedly some of the oldest in California.  

Bonus picture time.  I collect all of my corks (hello pinterest crafts!!!) and this one is one of my favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment