Monday, February 11, 2013

Manic(ure) Monday

Sharpie fun!!!  Here's where I got the idea: The Beauty Department ((Love that site btw... check it out when you're done reading and showing off my blog to everyone you know...))



Goodness, lately I've been terrible at my clean up jobs.  Oh well.  For this manicure I used Sally Hansen Midnight in NYC, it's hard to see here but it has very fine multi-colored glitter in it!  The design was done with a metallic silver Sharpie marker.  It was super easy to work with and if you mess up you can just wipe it off and start over without harming the polish.  Here's my issue- You can just wipe it off...  Also, I don't know if it's the top coat I was using or if I was too rough with it but if I tried to put a top coat on it would just smear my dots and completely ruin the design.   The original poster said she had no problems getting the top coat on so I suppose I'll just have to practice.  Other than that, I really loved using the Sharpie!  It was so much easier to use than a paint pen and the color was just as vibrant as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment