Thursday, February 21, 2013

February Birchbox!!

A couple of posts ago I told you that I finally got signed up for Birchbox.  Here's a little refresher on what Birchbox is- "Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase."  That was taken directly from their website.   Anyways, last weekend I got my first box in the mail and here's what it looked like


Let's break it down.

Picture 1- Perfume Sample for Juicy Couture's new Couture La La.  The description says it's a stunning mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom.  Sounds amaze-balls right?  I don't like it one bit.  It doesn't smell at all like the description says.  It's slightly florally and baby powdery and bad.  Picture 2- Color Club nail polish in Wild Cactus.  I'm kind of excited about this color because it's one I wouldn't normally pick for myself and I guess it's a hot color right now... I'll make a Manic(ure) Monday post about this in the next week or two...

Picture 3- Dr. Jart+ Black Label Detox BB Beauty Balm.  This is supposedly the brand that brought BB creams to America.  I have never tried a BB cream before this so I don't have anything to compare it to but I will say that I really liked it!  It went on nicely and felt super lightweight on my skin.  Both times I've used this, I've used it under a light layer of Clinique loose powder and I was very happy with the overall result.  This definitely has me interested in trying more BB creams.  Picture 4- Beauty Protecter Protect & Detangle.  I am IN LOVE WITH THS!!!!!!  Let me just list all of the magical things this spray is/does: Instant detangler, thermal protector, UV protector, seals cuticles, smoothes hair, locks in color, adds shine, and conditions.  It is weightless, non-greasy, and safe to use daily and on all hair types.  I normally use anywhere from 2 to 5 products in my hair on a daily basis depending on what look I'm going for.  The past couple days I've been using ONE and my hairs feels so much healthier and softer than with the plethora of goo I normally put on it.  Out of the entire box, this is the one thing I was most happy with and I definitely plan on spending the $21.95 (eek!) on a full size bottle.

This littleguy was just a "bonus" treat.  I love Ghiradelli though so I'm not mad about it.

Overall, I will say this- I was kind of disappointed.  From the review videos and blog posts I've checked out I was expecting more bang for my $10.  I'm on the waitlist right now for Ipsy, another beauty subscription service, and the members over there seem to be having better luck but until a spot opens up for me I'll stick it out with Birchbox.  Maybe next months will be better...





3 comments:

  1. I have one month left in my BB subscription, and I have just not been impressed enough with my boxes lately to want to renew...Like you, I am looking for more bang for my buck, oh, and not getting a perfume I hate every month would be awesome too ;) Glad you like the detangler! It sounds like a great product :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the perfume sample was the worst part! Most department stores are more than willing to load you up with perfume samples.

      Delete
  2. we got the same box! i really love the bb cream! it's a great product! thanks so much for linking up for birchbox brag!

    ReplyDelete