Monday, April 29, 2013

Manic(ure) Monday

Who else had a pretty good Monday?  Here's five reasons why my Monday didn't suck.  1- No migraine!  2- Work went decently smooth.  3- I signed up for a gym membership!  4- I bought workout gear.  And 5- I got an email that my super exciting package shipped! (Details at the end of this post.)

On to regularly scheduled programming.  This weeks manicure comes courtesy of Victoria's Secret!  I was in there shopping for mascara and saw that they now carry nail polishes.  I thought that was kind of random but I decided to give it a shot. 

The purple color is called "Innocent" and the blue glitter is called "Break the Rules".  I really liked the consistency and thought the dry time was pretty average.  I can't say this is my new favorite nail polish (so far, nothing beats OPI) but if I have a coupon or I see it on sale, I might grab more.

Now, about that super exciting package.  I need to start by saying sorry for breaking my promises.  If you'll take a second and think about my last Manic(ure) Monday post you'll remember that I promised that I wouldn't buy anymore OPI nail polishes until I found the new collection that I had heard rumors about.  I'm weak.  So weak.  But it's all because I can't turn down a good deal!  I found out that because drugstore.com is a part of Walgreens, I get an employee discount and it just so happens that they sell OPI.  So here's the breakdown- OPI typically retails for $9 a bottle, drugstore.com sells them for $8 (without the discount) plus they were having another sale that made one bottle $7 and I also qualified free shipping.  So I bought 6 bottles of nail polish that would normally retail for $54 altogether for $37ish!!!  It's still pretty crazy to spend that much but I couldn't help myself.  You'll all be thanking me later.  

But on that bombshell, it's time to end.  Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment