Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wine-Not Wednesday

I finally cracked open a bottle from the wine tour!!  This week's post features Giradet's Cayuga.  While I was on the tour their winemaker, Marc, told us a story about how he originally wanted to take out the Cayuga vines but Philippe insisted they kept it in.  Marc said something along the lines of (I don't remember EXACTLY) "Ok, we'll make a Cayuga wine and see  how it does.  If it doesn't do well, we're taking them out."  Well, it turns out that the wine is AMAZING and so they're keeping them in.  And that's a good thing, I think it's one of my favorite local wines now.


This is how they're website (giradetwine.com) describes it  "Lightly sweet with honeydew and citrus flavors. Finishes clean, perfect with cheeses and appetizers."  And I must say, I agree 100%.  I was actually trying to describe this recently and what I came up with was "Light, sweet (but not to sweet) and kind of fruity."

Check out to their winery and get some!  If you can't just drive out there head on over to their website and see if you can order it, I highly recommend it!


No comments:

Post a Comment