Monday, June 17, 2013

Manic(ure) Monday

I'm just going to dive right in and say that I'm so stoked about this nail polish! AND there's a little twist to this week's manicure.  Who's ready for this?  (Besides me, obvi.)

I have two pictures for you.  One taken the night I did them and one taken today.


Ok first off, I know they look messy.  It's because they are.  I did a TERRIBLE (read: nonexistent) clean up job.  Picture one was taken, like I said, the night I did them but I realized today that the picture does absolutely NO justice to the color!  Picture two was taken in natural light, and can you see how awesome that color is?!  I'm still not sure it captures the color perfectly but you get a better idea.  I've decided it's what glow-in-the-dark would look like during the day if it continued to glow.

I received this in this month's Birchbox (video is coming as soon as Ipsy arrives.)  It's Color Club "London Calling".  Birchbox recently did some re-branding and as part of the festivities EVERY single subscriber got one of four colors that are supposed to reflect one of the four Birchbox offices.  They're calling it the Wanderlust Collection which is very fitting considering the other three colors are called "Reign in Spain", "Pardon My French", and "Mod in Manhattan".

Now, here's the little twist I mentioned earlier-  I ALSO used part of my new Sally Hansen insta-gel manicure thing.  
You see, it's this handy little led lamp that, when paired with the Sally Hansen insta-gel top coat, is supposed to give me a gel manicure that lasts up to two weeks.  On day 5 I started to get chips but, as I've previously mentioned, I'm super hard on my nails and most manicures only last a couple days at most!  I'll admit, I was a bit scared of the gel top coat.  In the directions it says multiple times to KEEP IT OFF YOUR FREAKING SKIN, I might be paraphrasing but that's basically what I got out of it.  I think with a little practice, I can get my gel manicure lasting me at least a solid week but until I can get a couple more manis in, the verdict is still out on whether or not I think these things are worth the money though.  Lucky for me, I had a hook-up...

And on that bombshell, it's time to end.  Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment