Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Recent Favorites

I thought I'd share with you all some of my current favorite products.  This isn't a complete list because it'd never end (I tend to say a lot of things are my favorite) but it's a list of some of the products that I'm using almost everyday and loving.  Here goes.

Let's start with the SPF.  It's summertime now and this is on everyone's mind (or at least it should be.)  I really like the Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen.  It's SPF 30 and doesn't smell too sunscreen-y.  It has a hint of the usual smell but it's got a tropical scent going on too.  I also really, REALLY, like the After Sun Lotion by Hawaiian Tropic.  It smells like coconut and tropical fruit (bottle says papaya but I've never straight up smelled a papaya before so I couldn't say if that's true or not.)  And, here's why I love, it has aloe in it!  So it's perfect for when I forget to apply or re-apply my SPF and get a little burn action.

This Suave Everlasting Sunshine lotion smells fantastic.  It's hard to pin point the smell though.  I just went and had a sniff and can say it's floraly, maybe SLIGHTLY fruity and definitely warm.  The scent lasts a long time and so does the moisture.

 
The St. Ives Apricot Scrub has been a life saver for me.  I use this every other day or so and it's amazing.  It is pretty rough but I don't have sensitive skin at all so I'm ok with it.  I usually go with the Blemish Control formula because it has salacylic acid in it to help with acne.  And, as an added bonus, it smells great!

 
About 3½ months ago I dyed my hair dark blonde and hated it.  I've been using this ever since and my hair is back to light blonde!  I use it every time I was my hair which is almost everyday and you can't even see a grow-out line.  You can definitely tell that the hair around my roots is darker than the ends but it flows together so perfectly.  I actually just bought more of this to keep it up.

I like this Nivea Touch  of Sparkle body wash because of the smell.  I don't really think it's any more moisturizing on my skin than any other body wash really so I can't vouch for that but it does have this awesome lingering smell.  It's another hard one to describe, the bottle says Calla Blossom and I guess I get hints of a floral scent but I get some sort of fruity scent from it too.

EOS Shave Cream is the shit, pardon my swears.  This stuff is a wet or dry shave cream, I'm pretty sure I use it outside the shower more often then while I'm in it.  And, when I'm done shaving, I just rub the excess in like it's a lotion.  So easy!  And quick too!!  I've tried a few different formulas and I don't have a favorite so really, pick whatever looks best for you.

This is a terrible picture but this is the Pacifica Island Vanilla roll-on perfume that I got in May's Ipsy bag.  I use almost every morning on my wrists and behind my ears.  I'll use this even if I'm planning on wearing another perfume too because it layers so nicely with anything!

Here's another Ipsy product but this time from April's bag.  It's the Mica Beauty eyeshadow in the color Earth.  It's SUPER shimmery and I layer it on top of pretty much every color.  It doesn't really have a color  so it just gives my eyes a nice shimmery pop.  A little goes a LONG way though.

INSERT SAD FACE HERE!  This is the Cargo Water Proof Blush in Los Cabos that I got in May's Birchbox.  This color looked SO good on me!  It had a subtle, hardly noticable, shimmer to it and blended so well on top of foundation or on bare skin.  But, my glowing skin didn't last long because I dropped it and this is the result...

 
This is my second favorite blush.  It was on the top of my list until I received the Cargo but that was short lived and now I'm back to this guy.  This is a light pink that looks like it has more shimmer than the Cargo but on the skin it wasn't noticeable.  It also blended awesomely and is buildable.  Normally I keep it light, a swirl and a tap is enough for me but if I'm trying to go for a more made up look I'll just do that swirl, tap move a couple times.  Also, the price point of this is nothing to complain about!

I've been using this L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions mascara for a few weeks now and I really like it!  I don't think it gives me longer looking lashes but it doesn't clump, like at all, and it holds a curl really nicely!

I'm still not sure about this.  It made my list because I want to like it.  This is a tinted moisturizer with SPF in it from Victoria's Secret.  On one hand, I like it because it gives me light coverage that is kind of buildable but I'm not liking it because it feels funny.  I don't really know why, I guess it's because when I think tinted moisturizer I think of a thin formula that spreads out really far.  This stuff is actually kind of thick, thicker than alot of foundations, BUT it does spread out to be thinner.  

I've talked about this before but it deserves a spot on my favorites list because I cannot go a day with out it.  I will say that I'm thinking of trying something different when this bottle is empty but, until then, I love this stuff

This should probably be up with the Pacifica stuff but oh well.  This is Victoria's Secret Lemon Escape.  It's basically what summer smells like, in a bottle.  Also, this is perfect to layer with my new Mango Temptations body spray that is also from Victoria's Secret.  When I do that I feel like I'm on a tropical island, soaking up the sun, and drinking a fruity cocktail.  



So, I guess that's the end of my list for now.  I'll do another one as I gather new faves.  Let me know if you have any suggestions for a tinted moisturizer, I'm on the hunt for "the one."




No comments:

Post a Comment