Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The first of SO many hair products reviews

In the words of the great Jenna Marbles, I am a goo hoarder.  The term "goo" refers to just about anything us girls use in our hair, for our face, and on our skin.  I'll post a link to her video, watch it or we're not friends anymore. 

Are you done watching? Ok, on to the rest of my post.


Today I will talk about hair products.  Now, I would take pictures of the cupboard under my sink and my shower to show you all the hair goo I hoard but, let's face it, my bathroom is a MESS.  I have tried a lot of hair sprays, shampoos, and conditioners.  Lately though I have been trying more and more "other" hair goos like argan oil, heat protector spray, leave-in conditioners, and dry shampoo.  Lucky for you, I'll give you my honest to goodness opinion on these things.

Right now my favorite hair products are either made by Dove or John Frieda.  Here's an anecdote for you:  I died my hair reddish-brown a couple years ago then in May of this year I decided to go back to blonde.  Probably the best-worst decision ever.  Have you ever tried to dye your hair blonde after dying it red?  It had to be bleached.  And to some of you this may not be a big deal but I was a bleach virgin until then.  Anyways, I foolishly let my younger sister who was fresh IN (not out of) beauty school bleach my hair in my kitchen with 5 (FIVE!) packets of Sally's Beauty Supply bleach.  As you can probably guess, my hair turned out terribly.  A few days later I went to my friend Brittney who works at Hair Studio 28 and she spent a very long 3ish hours fixing my hair.  The color looked absolutely fantastic.  The condition of my hair?  Not so good.  For the next few months I religiously used Dove Intensive Repair shampoo and conditioner.  I know I should have used something fancy that said "color safe"  or "for color treated hair" but honestly, the Dove shampoo just smelled the best.  By the time I stopped using it (because something new was calling my name) my hair was back to almost tip-top shape.  Or at least as good as it can be for bleached hair that is constantly being blow dried and straightened.  Since then I have tried some good smelling Herbal Essences CRAP (left my hair oily and frizzy no matter what I did) and John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start Repairing shampoo and conditioner and it too smelled fantastic (I'm sensing a pattern).  I had a few problems with the John Frieda.  One, the shampoo was far too runny.  Two, the conditioner was far too thick.  And three,  my hair was pretty frizzy if I just let it be which really didn't happen much so I guess that doesn't count for anything.   For right now I'm back with the Dove but as soon as I run out I'll probably try something new.

Now, lets talk about my other goos.  I have quite a few right now so I'll just tell you about what I use during my daily routine.  First I use John Frieda Frizz Ease leave-in conditioner.  My hair is practically unbrushable without it.  I know some people are worried about leave-in conditioner because they might have naturally oily hair.  Or maybe that's just me.  But let me tell you, that stuff is amazing!  I have no complaints about it.  And I don't think its possible to use too much but please, don't try to prove me wrong.  Second, if I plan to blow dry and straighten my hair I use a John Frieda Heat Protector Spray.  I don't think I have seen a difference with or without it. I don't even know if I'm supposed to be able to physically see the difference but with that being said, I feel better about the abuse I put my hair through when I do use it. Third, I use Dove Nourishing Oil Care anti-frizz serum.  I LOVE this stuff.  LOVE!  It gives my hair a nice, soft, touchable shine and it too smells great. But it is an oil so you really have to be careful about how much you use.  And it's your own dumb fault if you try to prove me wrong on that.  And that's pretty much it.  I use a few other things randomly as they go on sale at work but I'll talk about those at another time.

It's probably a little too soon in the game to be asking my loyal readers what their favorite hair products are but, ya know, if ya wanna... then please be my guest.

Also, to anyone who might be interested in influenster, holla atchya girl.  I'll email you an invite.

<Insert awesome, witty sign off here>

P.S. I'll probably reference Jenna Marbles again, and again.  Get used to it.  Please.



No comments:

Post a Comment