Tuesday, November 27, 2012

First things first.

I have decided to start a blog.  I'm not positive that I'll stay on topic with this blog or how long I'm going to keep up with it but here it goes.

My first order of business is reviewing just about everything.  But mostly beauty products.   I'm a member of influenster.com (I'll tell more about that here in a minute) and part of being a member is reviewing products and referring said products to friends, family, co-workers, loyal subjects, evil minions, or anyone else who's willing to listen to me.  When I buy a new product I'll try to post my inner-most thoughts about it for the world to see.  

I'm just going to let you know right now that I do not consider my self to be very good at, well, anything.  I get all my beauty tips from other blogs, youtube videos, friends, and trial and error.  Here's a couple examples that can prove my incompetence: I'm 23 and JUST started using a curling iron.  About a month ago I died my friend's hair for the first time.  I haven't mastered backcombing my hair.  Lip liner? What's that?  Do I need it?  I don't know!!

Another thing I'd like to say is that I have a love/hate relationship with spending money.  I absolutely LOVE to spend little amounts of money on products.  I'd rather buy 7 $2 nail polishes than 2 $7 nail polishes.  I buy all my beauty products from Walmart or Walgreens (employee discount, HOLLA!!), and almost everything I purchase is on sale.  I hate spending money on full price cosmetics.  There has only been 2 times in my life that I've gotten fancy makeup, the first time was when I was 18.   I got a makeup bag full of Lancome cosmetics for opening up a Macy's card, I regretted that idea as soon as I maxed it out.  And the second time was because my brother-in-law had given me some Saks Fifth Ave. gift cards that I used to buy Diorshow Unlimited Mascara (BEST EVER!) and a Garmin GPS.  Now my Macy's card is paid off  =] and the Diorshow has been used up =[.  

And now on to Influenster.  They hit the nail on the head with this definition: 

Influenster [in-floo-uhn-ster]

noun
An exclusive online community where tastemakers and trendsetters (such as yourself) come to share the latest and greatest news, places, products, and reviews with each other. 2. The hotspot you just bookmarked on your web browser that turns your social influence into sweet rewards
Basically, Influenster is a place for culture junkies to come together and share their unique opinions of products and experiences. Active members of Influenster get exclusive access to deals, promotions, and swag from brands that thrive off the input (the good, the bad, and the ugly -- they just want to know what's up).

I took that directly from their website, don't judge me.  Anyways, they just updated their website.  I honestly have no idea what it looked like before because my confirmation email got lost in my junk mail inbox (oops) and it took me pretty much forever to figure out how to get around that.  But one password reset button later I was in.  I really love it.  I love how easy it is to navigate.  I love the way it looks.  I love reading and writing reviews.  I love logging in and seeing my score that is now higher than it was yesterday.  If you are interested, hit me up with your email and I'll get you an invite.  If you're not interested, reread the description and focus on the part that says SWAG.  

So, that's that.  I feel like I've rambled on long enough for one blog post.



(((I feel like I need to come up with a nice sign off like the "Stay classy, San Diego."  But that would be a blatant rip-off of the GREATEST MOVIE EVER MADE!  I'll try my best to come up with something for next time.)))



2 comments:

  1. Awesome So tell me about the universe............. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sassy...I love it.

    ReplyDelete