Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wine Not Wednesday

TGIW!  I'm getting pretty bad about blogging decently late.  Tonight I have a good excuse though! My husband and I are watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy!  It's my very first time seeing any of these movies.  Sunday, we watched The Fellowship of the Ring and tonight, we watched The Two Towers.  So far so good.  Can't say I'm doing flips over it but it's something I'll most likely watch again.

I'm off topic now...  So, for tonight's post I'll do a quick blurb about the last wine I drank and then show you some a few pictures from the Umpqua Valley Barrel Tour.

This is Barefoot's Riesling.  (Forgive me if I've talked about this stuff already...)  This stuff is pretty amazing and so easy to enjoy!  Riesling in general is the reason I started to like wine in the first place.  I mean, I had tasted wine before without much luck but one time I had Riesling and I was like "Yep, I think it's time I stop drinking Smirnoff Ice and start sipping on wine."  For the record, I still enjoy Smirnoff Ice once in a while, don't judge me.  But for real, I didn't have much of an interest in wine before I started finding sweet whites.  My tastes have since expanded (uhhh, hellooooo Moscato!! ;) ) but this will always be a fave.  Also, the Barefoot brand is always a good go-to.  If I don't recognize any of the labels and I'm not feeling adventurous, I'll always reach for a Barefoot.

Now on to a few shots from the barrel tour-

Beautiful view at Abacela Vineyards.

One of the "wine cellars" at Chateau Nonchalant.  (Loved this place!  The people there are just amazing.)

 Gorgeous little fountain and pond at Chateau Nonchalant.

Pyrenees (south).  Someone walked right in front of me and I didn't notice til I was posting this picture but this place just seemed so magical!  It would be absolutely PERFECT for a wedding!

The deck at Pyrenees overlooking the river.


My Aunt Beckie and I part way through the tour.

And lastly, my "swag".  I didn't do so bad. (BTW, the shirt isn't THAT inappropriate, it actually says "I found the Giradet spot" which was one of the wineries we went to.)

If anyone is interested in joining in on the fun next year check out the Umpqua Valley Wineries website. 




No comments:

Post a Comment